Thursday

About Us

it's 4 the kids started simply. I fell in love with a little boy I had never met. Julian had cancer. His life was cut short but not before he touched the world with his precious smile and his amazing strength.

December 3rd, 2007 I wrote on my blog about a cross-shaped piece of cheese and I watched in awe as the world came together for this 4-year old little man who was fighting Medulloblastoma. My readers called for donations, prayers and fasts...they even declared a National Hug Juju Day! The world wept 6 weeks later when Julian Michael Avery earned his wings.

This outpouring of love and support for a complete stranger was something I had never witnessed and I was inspired to reach out to other children and their families through the giving hearts of strangers.

its 4 the kids is a team of artists who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children like Julian. Through our passion and our love for these "Cancer Kids," we are inspired to create beautiful pieces of artwork to raise money for the human side of cancer. There are many avenues to raise money for research but that is not where my heart is leading me. My heart is leading me to reach out and provide in places few are reaching toward.


When I mentioned the notion on my personal blog it only took minutes for people to step up to the plate - hearts on their sleeves! So, whether it is helping a family in a financial bind, making a wish come true, footing the bill for a concert on hospital grounds or just spending time doing a craft with some kids getting chemo, the fundraising we do on this site is from the heart and it's 4 the kids!


Fly high, King Julian!

I am always looking for new artists to add to the 4 sale page...and I welcome any sweet faces to add to the Kids page! Click on contact us and send me your info!